KintoHub can host and scale any backend API for public requests or internal service to service requests. Each backend API gets a public https endpoint and internal endpoint for communication. Usually, backend APIs perform business logic such as registering or authenticating users or calculating the top 100 users on a leaderboard.
When to use a backend API service?
If your app is serving the following protocols, you should consider using a Backend API Service:
- Websocket endpoint
The following protocols have not been tested.
Backend API features
- Advance Build and Deploy Settings
- 1st Class Languages Build and Deploy support
- Single and Multi-Stage Dockerfile Build and Deploy support
- Ability to service an API through a port
- Auto scaling
- Custom Domains
- Environment Variables
- Public API Toggle protects your service to be accessed internally only or enables external access.