Postgres Database is a powerful, open source object-relational database system with over 30 years of active development that has earned it a strong reputation for reliability, feature robustness, and performance.
Create a Postgres Database
All Postgres servers are 100% dedicated to your environment.
- Login to your KintoHub account
- Click on the Create Service button at the top right of your environment
- Click on the From Catalog tab at the top right
- Select the Postgres option in the list
- Enter or generate your desired
- Click Deploy at the top right and wait until the release is successful
- Once deployed, click on the Access Tab to read the access related information
Access Your Postgres Database
You may only access your Postgres Instance from services running in the same environment. Learn more about how to connect to your Postgres Database under the Access Tab.
Postgres Advanced Options
Enabling replication turns on a separate endpoint for Postgres readonly instances.
You can enable replication under the Configurations tab when Creating a Postgres service.
You may not enable this after the service has been created.
It's recommended to enable Replication in
Production environments or any environments you wish to decrease the chances of downtime.
Read more about read replicas here.
Enabling Cost Optimization is not recommended for
Cost optimization places your instances on Spot or Pre-emptible cloud instances which can incur random downtime.
For best effort uptime, you must disable cost optimization.
Postgres SQL has an optional (Storage) Persistence and Volume Size options available under the Advanced Options Tab.