KintoHub can host and scale any backend API for public requests or internal service to service requests. Each backend API gets a public https endpoint and internal endpoint for communication. Usually, backend APIs perform business logic such as registering or authenticating users or calculating the top 100 users on a leaderboard.
If your app is serving the following protocols, you should consider using a Backend API Service:
- Websocket endpoint
The following protocols have not been tested.
- Advance Build and Deploy Settings.
- 1st Class Languages Build and Deploy support.
- Single and Multi-Stage Dockerfile Build and Deploy support.
- Ability to service an API through a port.
- Auto scaling.
- Custom Domains
- Environment Variables
- Public API Toggle protects your service to be accessed internally only or enables external access.